What I have said is that it is polyphony that has a narrower specific meaning, not counterpoint. It is better to use the term counterpoint because it refers to part writing in a much wider context.

In the historical survey of the term polyphony, in my paper 1980 Grove (page71) it reads that 'in English usage 'polyphony' tends to be used 'for early music', while 'for later periods (16th to 18th century' the term 'counterpoint' is preferred...

We could proceed in here Dutch, if
you like.

This list is conducted in English. I wouldn't presume to tell you what was the correct terminology to use in Dutch or to try and discredit what you were saying by suggesting that you don't know what you were talking about.

This list is in English, but its members are from everywhere. It is not just for people from the UK. It demands some empathy of native English speakers to value that there are other cultures in the world, where terms even can have different meanings.

Lex