Hi Greg,

Welcome to viking.

Le lundi 13 juillet 2009 à 13:15 +0100, Greg Sutcliffe a écrit :
> Currently my question is regarding the map display in Viking. I've
> seen
> very nice screenshots involving pretty detailed contour maps, with
> shading of gradient and all sorts. However, I suspect these are taken
> from Google, which (reading the list) I understand has been removed
> from
> Viking. I've got all 4 OSM map tilings working fine, but the others
> (Terra*,
> BlueMarble, etc) seem to display nothing.

Yes, you're right. Not seen before because I do not use them.

Anybody has information about these maps? Perhaps should we disable them
by default.

> Finally, as a longtime Linux admin, occaisonal doc-writer, and wannabe
> developer, if there's anything I can usefully do to help out, give me
> shout.

As usual in open source project, all depend on your skill/interest/time.

Currently, we are trying to move the wiki, from
http://viking.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/viking/index.php?title=Main_Page

Starting an user manual (as docbook for gnome documentation and yelp)
could be interesting.

There is also many code related stuff.

But perhaps the most important is the contribution you already done:
testing and reporting bugs.