--- "A.J.Mechelynck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:
> This approach has already been attempted, not just once as Bram said, but at
> least twice (evim and mswin.vim), and the results are far from convincing:
> "easy" vim is actually harder to use, and mswin.vim makes some useful Vim
> features inacessible, and for others, forces constant reminders everywhere in
>
> the help and in support mailing lists: "If you use Ctrl-V to paste, use
> Ctrl-Q
> instead whenever the help says to use Ctrl-V".
>
> "Cream for Vim" may be a third attempt but I'm not sure, I haven't looked
> into it.

I think i must defend mswin.vim here (and ":behave mswin") ;-)
Some shortcuts are really invaluable:
Ctrl+S (save, compare to :w; i use Ctrl+S a lot!), Ctrl+Tab (next window,
compare to Ctrl+W, W), Ctrl+Z (undo... i'm so used to Ctrl+Z...),

Others, such as Ctrl+A (select all) and Ctrl+V (paste) do conflict with other
commands, but compare them to ggVG and "+p

Sometimes i miss Ctrl+Backspace (for delete word backward) and Ctrl+Delete
(delete word forward).

My main gripe about Vim commands is that gj and gk are almost unusable without
a bunch of mappings, and formatting a paragraph takes 4 keys (gwip - i hav
mapped it to F12). Well, if you format the paragraph you don't need gj and gk,
but you get the idea... ;-)

I do like Vim commands, but the commands Ctrl+{A,Z,X,C,V,Y,Tab} are so widely
available that i'm used to use them in Vim too.

Marcus

Fale com seus amigos  de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/