--- "A.J.Mechelynck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:

> I have files where I intentionally have long lines and I use gj and gk (so
> much that I've remapped them to <Up> and <Down>). I don't see why you gripe
> about "a bunch" of mappings: the mappings I need, or want, are in my vimrc or
> in some other script, and they are part of "my" Vim settings -- they don't
> count as "a bunch", since I don't have to do them over every time Vim starts.

To edit long lines, i have a script that does the work. But i don't use it all
the time, so i havent put it in vimrc.

Vim already has a few options that are responsible for setting other options,
such as 'binary' and :behave. Maybe it could have more of this kind of settings
(something like this has been suggested earlier in this thread, but i guess the
comparison with 'binary' and :behave had not been made yet).

If the user wants to edit long lines, (s)he cannot write a quick mapping
on-the-fly, because he needs something like this:

***May i suggest a new command (or a standard plugin that is easy to find) that
would do all of the above in one easy step?***

Optionally, the user could want this too:

setlocal linebreak
setlocal nolist " Necessary for linebreak
setlocal display+=lastline

I'm not sure if it's OK or if it's going too far :-)

I use these mappings too:

imap <F12> <C-o>gwip
nmap <F12> gwip
vmap <F12> gw

But I agree that they are just personal preference and would not integrate
seamlessly with the Vim command structure.

BTW, I also miss Ctrl+A (increment number) in Windows mode and Ctrl+Q is a
weird alternative for Ctrl+V, but i can live with that ;-_). However, the
Ctrl+X functionality is not lost, since "cut" only works if there is something
selected.

Fale com seus amigos  de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/