Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> On 4/24/07, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Nikolai Weibull wrote:
>> > On 4/24/07, Ilya Sher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> [snip]
>> > I mean, seriously, it's a lot more intuitive to write
>> >
>> > Vim.options['formatoptions'] =
>> Vim.options['formatoptions'].replace('t',
>> > "")
>> >
>> > than
>> >
>> > :set fo-=t
>> >
>> > It's all about domain specific languages.  It's said so on the
>> internet.
>
>> More intuitive?
Yes, it would be more intuitive for me in case I did not know VimScript.
(and that's the context of the discussion if I understand correctly).

Of course something like

    vim.options.format.auto_wrap_without_comments = false

would be even more intuitive but that's probably not the way
to go anyway (making it so much more verbose just for beginners).

[snip]

--
For robots (please don't mail me there): [EMAIL PROTECTED]