I'm wondering about the 'Author' field in the {{Tip}} information line.

There are around 100 tips where the author's name includes an "--AT--" from
an email address. I'm thinking that, rather than obfuscating the email
address, we should just remove it from the author's name.

This is an issue because I'm planning to change the way {{Tip}} works (I
mentioned this earlier, and will post more when ready). I could clean the
author's name in that process.

A simple example:
 http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/VimTip972

An ugly example:
 http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/VimTip193

Looking at a few of the new tips (I didn't check many), I didn't see anyone
posting their email address, obfuscated or not. I know the addresses are
visible on vim.org, but in these dangerous times, I don't see why we should
show them, even if obfuscated. I'm not suggesting we should ban addresses -
just remove them from the old imported tips.

Opinions?

John