What about removing the name entirely?  I thought, since this is a wiki,
that attributing any single tip to a person is a daunting task (since
anybody can and should change it at any time).  If we really want to clean
up all the imported tips, we'll need to do some heavy modifications to some
of them, and people will be adding and deleting content all the time.  This
is especially true for when we merge two (or more!) imported tips together.
 The final product is the result of several original contributers (the
original post and all the comments) as well as the effort put in by the
person doing the merge.  If you're changing the tip template anyway, why not
just keep it closer to the intent of the wiki?  The link to the original tip
will (I assume) still remain if anybody is interested in its origins.