Sebastian Menge wrote:
>> I'm not suggesting we should ban addresses - just remove
>> them from the old imported tips.
>
> I don't see why: simple obfuscation is good enough for
> harvesters (I read about it at the FAQ of http://gmane.org).
>
> But if you want to do it, why not ... So I see no pros and no cons ...

Hmmm. I can't make up my mind. To spread the pain, I have created a list of
all the authors for the imported tips.

http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/User:JohnBeckett/Authors

Looking down that list shows some names that cry out for the treatment we've
given the tip titles. If you agree, I might clean up the worst offenders
when I massively adjust the {{Tip}} template (more on that soon).

I don't like the http web links (I don't mind cleaning up illegible tips
while still crediting the author, but I don't see why our wiki should
advertise links). If there is no objection, I will change the http stuff to
just show the most pertinent word from the URL as the author.

John