On 10/16/07, John Beckett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Problem is, I think the bot would need sysop privilege to delete
> the pages. I don't understand who assigns sysop privilege, or
> why.

Tom Purl can make other users into admins using
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Makesysop

If he's not available, any of Wikia's community team can do this. See
<http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Community_team>

Adminship should be given to any trusted users who have been committed
to editing the wiki for a reasonable length of time (the "right"
length depends on the size and activity of the wiki). Determining
whether a person can be trusted is up to the community. The easiest
way is to have a "requests for adminship" page where any user is
welcome to comment on the suitability of people requesting or being
nominated for adminship. Adminship simply gives a user some extra
tools that allow them to delete pages and block vandals from editing.
They can also edit most of the wiki's interface text.

Angela