As mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I propose running a script that will
progressively change the {{Tip}} template used on imported tips. I also have
developed another template that I propose will be used for new tips that we
intend to keep. However, I'm less concerned about fixing the new tips, and
will not be pursuing that at the moment.

The main motivation for changing the Tip template is to remove the 'text'
argument so that the tip body is no longer an argument to the template. Then
we won't have to worry about pipe characters or double braces in the tip. If
we keep the current template, we have to fix all the existing tips which use
the problematic characters, *and* we have to worry about the tips being
broken by future editing.

The imported tips have numbers from 1 to 1504. In that range, over 280 are
missing (spam deleted on vim.org, or other glitches, or tips we've deleted).
Another motivation for changing the Tip template is to improve the tip
navigation so that Previous and Next will skip the missing tips.

I intend taking advantage of this opportunity to do some other processing:
Trim trailing spaces; replace '#' with '#'; maybe manually inspect
'--AT--' and replace with '@', or delete if an email address; maybe move
[[Category]] to the end of each tip.

See the following for examples and more details:
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/User:JohnBeckett/Tip_templates_project

Please let me know if you like or dislike the proposals.

John