Hello,

John Beckett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Many months ago we decided that lines like [[Category:Folding]] should
> be at the end of each tip. Accordingly, our category guidelines
> (http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Vim_Tips_Wiki:Category_guidelines) say to
> put categories at the bottom of each tip, after a horizontal rule,
> at the end of the Comments section (preferably in alphabetical order).

I understand I've made a mistake. Is it only about the '----' at the end, or did
I added categories at the top of the page (which can perfectly happens)

> For example:
>
>     ==Comments==
>     Any comments go here.
>
>     ----
>     [[Category:Folding]]
>     [[Category:Python]]
>
> I've been wondering about this recommendation recently because
> newbies find the category lines to be quite confusing when
> appending a comment. Perhaps the categories should be just before
> the ==Comments== line? Then they would not cause
> distress when someone wants to add a comment.

I see the problem.

> I've started trying this out recently, for example in
> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Entering_special_characters.
>
> Following this procedure, I would put:
>
>     [[Category:Folding]]
>     [[Category:Python]]
>     ==Comments==
>     Any comments go here.
>
>     ----
>
> It looks a little weird at first, but I'm wondering if it might be better in
> the long term. Any thoughts?

Why not being even more crazy? We could add a "Categories=" option to {{vimtip}}
This way the template can take care of sorting all the categories the way we
want. And nobody is disturbed by category lines in the text of the tip.

--
Luc Hermitte