hermitte wrote:
> I understand I've made a mistake.

No, not you, and welcome back! A few times I've seen confusion from an anonymous
contributor (an IP address). When they edit to add a comment, they are not sure
where to put it.

A recent example is at http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Compiler_for_perl

    ==Comments==
    First comment is here.

    ----
    [[Category:Perl]]

    Someone added a new comment here.

I don't think we should worry too much about the fact that new contributors also
don't know to put '----' to separate comments. Adding instructions (in html
comments
or somehow in the wiki edit box) is just going to add to the confusion. There
are
very few missing '----', and it's not worth worrying about.

However, I think that newbies could be quite put off by seeing a couple of
mysterious category lines, and might abandon any thought of entering a comment
themselves.

> Why not being even more crazy? We could add a "Categories="
> option to {{vimtip}} This way the template can take care of
> sorting all the categories the way we want. And nobody is
> disturbed by category lines in the text of the tip.

Yes, that's a good idea. I'll think about an implementation of that, but the
template syntax is really ugly and it would need some thought. More later.

John