I've discovered that the built-in spell checker in vim doesn't work if
ft=tex is set. It's not just the syntax highlighting -- ]s doesn't jump to
the next spelling mistake.. I've searched through the source files for
"spell", without finding anything that looked suspicious, but I'm no
vimscript guru so I may have missed something.
Anyone else having this problem, or should I review my own configuration?
I've tried it from a clean slate too, different user, no .vimrc file, but
same result.

Eyolf

--
Alright, you!!  Imitate a WOUNDED SEAL pleading for a PARKING SPACE!!