On Wed 6-Feb-08 9:33pm -0600, Charles E. Campbell, Jr. wrote:

> Bill McCarthy wrote:
>
>>On Wed 6-Feb-08 9:15 am -0600, Bream Molten wrote:
>>

>>>Patch 7.1.243 (after 7.1.240)
>>>Problem:    "U" doesn't work on all text in Visual mode. (Adri Verhoef)
>>>Solution:   Loop over all the lines to be changed.  Add tests for this.
>>>Files:      src/ops.c, src/testdir/test39.in, src/testdir/test39.ok
>>>

>> I have sequentially applied all prior patches, yet:
>>
>>    patching file src/ops.c
>>    Hunk #1 FAILED at 2197.
>>    Hunk #2 FAILED at 2242.
>>    Hunk #3 FAILED at 2325.
>>    3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/ops.c.rej
>>    patching file src/testdir/test39.in
>>    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
>>    Hunk #2 FAILED at 16.
>>    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
>> src/testdir/test39.in.rej
>>    patching file src/testdir/test39.ok
>>    patching file src/version.c
>>
>>After obtaining the patched files from the SVN repository,
>>I applied  244 without a problem.
>>

> Hmm -- I've been sequentially applying the patches, and have had no
> problems thus far.  I get them via ftp.

Thanks for your response, Chip.

This may be a failure of my email program - The Bat!.  I
see the problem (the non-printable characters less than
decimal 31 and greater than decimal 127).

I get my patches here.  I usually get export to gVim - that
passes the data in RFC-822 compliant format.

I tried exporting to a file as a "Unix mailbox" and then
editing that file with gVim - same problem.  Even the first
patch for ops.c (which contains non of these special
characters) had a few "=20" things.

Is the email we are receiving from the list correct?

Is anyone else having problems with patches containing
characters outside the 31-127 range?  If so, than perhaps
Bram should give us a warning on such patches - i.e. get
these from the FTP site.

Bill