On May 4, 6:14 pm, Paul LeoNerd Evans <leon...@leonerd.org.uk> wrote:
> Vim's keyboard input system revolves centrally around a queue of bytes.
> This worked well when all the world was serial terminals. In this new
> world of GUIs this model doesn't work so well. I advocate changing it to
> a queue of keypress events.

I know next to nothing about the termcap/terminfo/etc. code or what is
involved in such a change, and do not have the time currently to start
delving into Vim's C code (sometime soon, I keep telling myself) but I
would certainly be willing to test on Windows XP and Vista, even to
the point of learning how to compile my own Vim on these systems so
that I can try out the patches.

I have a Ubuntu system at home but don't get many chances to use it; I
image we'll have a plethora of testers on such systems though.