On May 31, 2013 10:55 AM, "ZyX" <zyx....@gmail.com> wrote:

> пятница, 31 мая 2013 г., 13:27:21 UTC+4 пользователь Bram Moolenaar
написал:

> > This is explained under :help python3.
>
> Statement "So either global symbols are loaded but only one Python
version is activated, or no global symbols are loaded." listed there has an
experimental disproof on my system. More, there is

> o |  Changeset 2527:8bc2e8390c11054c3bd2fc64dd17d8b2dc354f95 (branch
vim73)
> | |  Commited 10 авг. 2010 00:06 by Bram Moolenaar <b...@vim.org>
> | |  @ When building with both Python 2 and Python 3 don't use
RTLD_GLOBAL, so that
> | |  @ both may work.
>
> so you definitely did some work to make both usable at one time.

It depends on how the Python libraries are built. On Debian-based systems
(for reasons I don't recall offhand), they're built such that RTLD_GLOBAL
has to be used to get access to the symbols.  This prevents loading both
libpython2.x and libpython3.x in the same process.

The configure script has a check for whether RTLD_GLOBAL is required and
adjusts things accordingly.