Yue Wu wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 02:35:34 +0800, Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net>
> wrote:
>

> > Hello Vim users,
> >

> > Announcing:  Vim (Vi IMproved) version 7.3c BETA
> >
> > MS-WINDOWS separate files:
> > pc/vim73crt.zip                 runtime files
> > pc/gvim73c.zip                  GUI binary for Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP
> > pc/gvim73cole.zip               GUI binary with OLE support
> > pc/gvim73c_s.zip                GUI binary for Windows 3.1 (untested)
> > pc/vim73cd32.zip                console version for MS-DOS/Windows 95/98
> > pc/vim73cw32.zip                console version for Windows NT/2000/XP
> > pc/vim73csrc.zip                sources for PC (with CR-LF)
> >

> Still can't be run under windows 2000 here (pc/gvim73c.zip +
> pc/vim73crt.zip).

Since I didn't get a reply about whether older versions of the compiler,
e.g., the 2008 one, work properly on Windows 7, I stick with the 2010
compiler.

I also don't know what the problem is, thus it might be possible we fix
something to make this build with the 2010 compiler work on Windows
2000.

I find it more important to support Windows 7, so unless we find a way
to support Windows 2000 without breaking Windows 7 compatibility it
won't change.

--
The only way the average employee can speak to an executive is by taking a
second job as a golf caddie.