On Aug 3, 3:54 pm, Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net> wrote:
> Ben Fritz wrote:
> > On Aug 2, 2:52 am, Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net> wrote:
>
> > > I find it more important to support Windows 7, so unless we find a way
> > > to support Windows 2000 without breaking Windows 7 compatibility it
> > > won't change.
>
> > Is there a problem with providing two installers/binaries, one for
> > Win7 64 bit, and 1 for other Windows versions? Many other applications
> > I've used do it this way.
>
> The problem was not with 64 bit but with Windows 2000.  Apparently it's
> caused by using MSVC 2010.  I'll try building with MSVC 2008.

Right, so maybe the installers would be differently separated, but the
gist of my suggestion is:

Installer A will contain a Vim compiled with MSVC 2008
Installer B will contain a Vim compiled with MSVC 2010

Or is it too difficult/expensive to have multiple versions of Visual
Studio in a side-by-side installation?