Hi All,

Link pin question- these front ends are "'new" to me.? I bought a 57 last year
that had new link pins and king pins according to repair paperwork received
when I got the car.? Both front wheels though have play in them that I can see
is movement in the link pin axis.? After loosening the pinch bolts, as far as I
can tell I tightened the pins until they won't turn anymore(They only turn
about 3/4 turn total from full loose to full tight?), yet there is still play
between the knuckle and the trailing arm.? There is no play in the direction of
the pin moving up/down in the bushing.? I am assuming a shim problem?? Is there
a way to determine what is wrong without completely removing the link pins and
counting shims?? I would hope the new pins came with new shims, but....?
Assuming I am correct, anyone know where can I buy spare link pin shims?

Thanks!

Ray

Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news, & more!