I know some from the BMW Airhead community use the line they get from the Bing
carburetor.

http://www.bingcarburetor.com

I've used the braided German line as well as rubber SAE in my Beemers and
air-cooled VWs with only minor issues.  They certainly all lasted more than one
year.

Nick Stokes
Dub~Tunes radio page:  http://web.me.com/stokester/