That's beautiful! Now that I have names for all the pieces, my input on the bad running engine:

I have seen similar symptoms when the 'auxiliary fuel jet' gets plugged. I never knew what it was called, but it really doesn't run right if it is plugged up. It seems to gum up from old/poor fuel or get plugged with sediment.

Thanks for the article!

glenh :<)>