I'm getting ready to finally get my '70 Bug back on the road with a replacement
pan (rusted frame head) and want to upgrade the front brakes to disc while I
have it in pieces.

I did this a number of years ago with my daughter's '74 and was very pleased
with the improvement in braking.  I bought a new beam with the spindles to
mount the calipers and wish to buy a kit with stock hight spindles.  If memory
serves me right this kit came from Aircooled.net but I see that currently their
kit is on long-term backorder.

After some searches I find the kits but am VERY leery of the quality after
looking at a video of what looks like the locator pins flexing under pressure
and the author commenting on the poor quality of the EMPI-branded kit.

Looking at the CB Performance kits - anyone have experience with them or any
other kits?  Cost is NOT a major factor -  safety and longevity is.

Thanks

Nick Stokes
vwradios.com

--