Bruce,

First, thank you for your service!  My son-in-law is a soon to be major in
the AF assigned to Socom at Mac Dill in Tampa and my brother was a tech
sgt. in the AF as well. he passed away in 2014 and was interred at
Arlington.

Great think you are doing for youth!!! May He bless your business with
success and lives changed!

Mike

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 8:40 AM, 'Bruce Howard' via VintagVW - Air Cooled
Volkswagen Discussion List <vintagvw@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 7:04 AM, No Quarter <sil...@beatricene.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> You're sure welcome!  I'm still here lurking.  Life has taken me on many
>>> twists and turns, but man you should see my field of VWs I have on my
>>> acreage north of town.  I'm up to about 13 or 14.  LOL!  I married an
>>> Aussie lady and we're living in our now one-year-old house.  Mr. VW is
>>> doing VW restorations out in Colorado not too far from where RMMW was I
>>> believe.  I miss the old days of the list.  It was all we had in those
>>> pre-facebook days.  Now facebook has kind of taken over and other elements
>>> of social media which has just about killed off the email lists.  The
>>> streamlined effect of the email list is one that can never compare.  I've
>>> often wondered if a VintagVW forum was created similar to thesamba.com
>>> if it would bring back some of the old timers, but with thesamba being a
>>> huge repository of information, it might be redundant.
>>>
>>> I'm still thankful that John keeps the list going.  I'm kind of bummed
>>> that the archives of the older stuff are gone.  What exists are snippets of
>>> the various emails that people saved.  I find some of my articles scattered
>>> about online from time to time.  I remember Scott Yuppa who perished in a
>>> plane wreck with his father after being on the list for a short time.
>>>
>>> At any rate, when the VintagVW list was going at its strongest, it
>>> filled a void that we had never had before and that was support from a VW
>>> community that was so hard to find in our local worlds.  All of a sudden we
>>> didn't feel so alone and had tons of help - the likes of which we never had
>>> before.  The gurus finally had a forum to be appreciated and admired in
>>> while they shared their wisdom.  I think the absolute best part of the
>>> whole thing was that internet was still in it's infancy in the private
>>> sector and so to figure out how to get online and more or less configure a
>>> computer to get online gave you some street cred so to speak, and if you
>>> were online, you were in-the-know and in good company.  Now anyone and
>>> everyone can get online and it isn't as special as it once was.  I remember
>>> people thinking I was an outright genious with VWs and all I ever really
>>> did was read and apply what others wrote and then to explain it in simple
>>> terms that everyone could understand.  Now everyone's an expert with the
>>> almighty shrine of google at their service.
>>>
>>> This year we are having our 17th annual campout at Indian Cave State
>>> Park in Nebraska.  I never dreamed it would last this long.  Sadly none of
>>> my VWs run at the moment, but I am feverishly building a small teardrop
>>> camper for my wife and I to camp in so we don't have to run to a motel as
>>> we've done the past  couple of years.
>>>
>>> Please don't spill the beans Glen as I know you're on this list.  :)
>>>
>>> Nice to hear from you again and sorry you sold the bug, but if it can
>>> get in the hands of someone who appreciates, that's everything.

http://www.mail-archive.com/vintagvw@googlegroups.com
---
  • [vi... Mike Morehouse
    • ... 'Scott Sportsman' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
      • ... Mike Morehouse
    • ... No Quarter
      • ... Mike Morehouse
        • ... No Quarter
          • ... Mike Morehouse
        • ... 'Bruce Howard' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
          • ... Mike Morehouse
            • ... 'Bruce Howard' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
              • ... Mike Morehouse
            • ... 'Rudolph Dehoogh' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
    • ... stokester
    • ... Kyle
      • ... Mike Morehouse
    • ... 'Rayvwbug' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
      • ... Mike Morehouse
    • ... bert . knupp
    • ... 'Rayvwbug' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List