Yes, it is very difficult to edit documents because VoiceOver does not
accurately inform you where you are in the document.
If you have pages, load a 4 or 5 page word document in it and try to add text
to the end of the document.
If you double tap so VoiceOver says incertion point at the end of the document
and start typing, you may find your new text on page 2.
It is not worth the time messing with it.

Richard