I got a macbook pro just over a week ago, but don't want to install windows on
this machine. I've been using it for mail, twitter, Skype and sometimes MSN,
but setting up to play muds takes a lot of effort and playing around with the
terminal. Pretty cool though once you get it up and working.
Yes it was expensive to buy, but it'll be worth it, since I don't have a
licensed copy of Office pro on my windows laptop and you can save things as
word format with text edit on the mac anyway. /the only thing I'm not too sure
how to do is make a table in text edit, although I did see something in the
menus for that.
Just a final point for now, I think the sound quality is better than that on a
windows laptop. I can hear voiceover just fine at 55% on the mac I'm writing
from now, but on the windows laptop, I have to turn NVDA up to 85 or 90% to be
able to hear it properly. The only time I've needed to use earphones is when
talking on Skype or playing games, because the tintin++ sounds are pretty quiet
sometimes. For that though, you can use the earphones from the iPhone if you
have one, since they're apple ones.
Oh, I almost forgot to say, the software for the mac is either nicely built-in
and very accessible (including the chess game), o else free or very cheap. If
you wanted office for the mac, for example, you would only have to pay £89, but
for windows version you have to pay over £400.
The only real thing I don't appreciate is having the @ symbol on the 2 key
instead of the ' key as it's meant to be in the UK keyboard layout, unless
that's just a windows thing.
Hope this extremely long e-mail helps,
Harmony.