I see where you're coming from, but I still like this feature and agree
with others that I wish it could be speeded up even more. I don't want
to speed up everything I listen to (music for example), but there are
definitely things, including podcasts, where I do want to speed up the
playback and I don't feel my comprehension of the material is negatively
impacted at all. I can even thing of some podcasts where I'll want to
speed up the play back a bit to move through a section I'm not as
interested in and then slow it down to pay more attention to another
more interesting section.

I don't see how this is redundant though, and I don't think a feature
you're not interested in makes it's stupid. I would never speed up any
music I was listening to, but I wouldn't say that it was stupid for
someone else to do that or want to do that. I just wouldn't comment on
it, since it isn't a feature I'm interested in.

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail