Do you not have to jailbreak to unlock the phone though? I'd always assumed that in order to unlock the phone, it first must be jailbroken.
Take care.

On 7/5/2012 6:17 PM, Raul A. Gallegos wrote:
They are very different. Unlocking means your phone is made to work with any provider. So, if you have an AT&T phone and you unlock it, you can use it with another gsm provider like T-mobile. Jailbreaking means you gain access to the root of the phone and can do many nice tweaks and add other types of apps. Jailbreaking and unlocking are not synonymous.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Never have more children than you have car windows. - Erma Bombeck
Home Page: http://raulgallegos.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rau47
Facebook: http://facebook.com/rgallegos74

On 7/5/2012 7:09 PM, Jessica Brown wrote:
What is the difference between unlocking and jail breaking? I thought
that they were 2 separate things.

----- Original Message -----
From: Blinkin <blinkin4...@gmail.com
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Date sent: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 17:45:28 -0500
Subject: Re: Jail breaking

I will cover this also in my podcast.
     I have had one or two extra bugs while using voice over on my
jailbroken iPhone 4 but nothing has ever moved and the bugs are
certainly easy to live with.
     The two biggest I deal with occasionally are folders closing a
split second after I open them and I just have to re tap the screen and
occasionally when I press the sleep button my phone will take a screen
shot instead of locking.
     to fix this I just tap the home button twice then hit the sleep
button and it goes right to sleep.
     these are the only issues I have ever had with voice over.
Everything has worked just fine for me but I have not unlocked my phone.
Only jailbroken it.
     If I am lucky I will have one of these bugs happen tonight when I
finish recording.
     cheers!

Mike M