Do you also use iTunes for computer backups?
Or, at least do you have iTunes?
If so, check on the phone under usage in settings and see how much room it says
is left, then connect the phone to iTunes on a computer, and select the iphone
button then see what iTunes says is available.
If they are more than 1 or 1.5 GB different, maybe allow up to 2 GB of
difference, you may need to backup the phone with iTunes on the computer, and I
would recommend an encrypted backup so you get all your passwords etc.
Then select restore in iTunes.
This will erase the phone, reinstall the firmware, then you can restore from
that computer backup.
Then see if the iCloud will now work.
Just a thought based on a recent experience I had when my 64 GB phone said I
had 4 GB free, but itunes said I had 8 GB free.
After doing the above steps, I have 11 GB free.
The accessibility advisor I spoke with said that if I had canceled a backup in
progress, I could have ended upwith some corrupt files that were wasting memory.
Apparently, she was correct.
HTH,
Richard