For you 4S users, have you found this bug also? for when mine arrives, i'll know what to expect.

El 26/09/2015 03:24 a.m., 'RobH.' via VIPhone escribió:
This is my method, and results.  Results will differ according to settings.  I
couldn't be doing with that constent refreshing in
the middle of the night.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Chaltain"<chalt...@gmail.com>
To:<viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2015 3:20 AM
Subject: Re: Number of email messages

I haven't noticed this myself. I hear the number of unread messages when
I touch the Mail app in my dock. My Mail app is set to manually refresh,
so I need to open it first to get the new unread messages to download.
If I leave the Mail app with some unread messages then I'll hear that
number announced when I touch the Mail app. This works exactly as it did
for me prior to the upgrade to IOS 9.