Hi Mary and Richard,

When I first received my phone, I also got the no unread email messages.
However, when I went into the mail app, I did find that I had to set up my
Gmail account again. By this I mean, I had to enter my username and password.
Once that happens, the email messages KMan and now I see the number of unread
email messages when I look at the mail icon in the dock.

Sent from my iPhone