Well Peter, I think you have the best answer to why the problem is occurring. It is certainly better than anything I was able to come up with. Perhaps the only fix may happen on the release of iOS6 ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Durieux" <peter.durieux1...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: Wireless connection issues.

Hi folks,

Here are my thoughts on this issue.
It seems that this issue came alive in ios 5.1.1 on some ios devices.
I've seen this on a ipad, ipad2, iphone 3gs and iphone 4.
My 4s seems not to have this problem.

Also it seems that it is independently from which accesspoint you use.
I'm using a cisco and had this problem. A friend of my has a linksys and has the same issue.

It seems that Apple has implemented some powersaving features in their wifi drivers of at least made some changes. If I don't use my ipad2 for a while, it has disconnected from the wifi. When I start an app that needs network connectivity, it connects again without any problems. this leads to miss some push notifications and stuff. It seems that the implementation for a 4s is slidely different.

This is the only thing I can think of causing this problem.

Just my thoughts and hopefully apple will fix this in a new release. ;)

hth

-Peter

Op 20-aug.-2012, om 17:35 heeft Scott Davert <scottslistm...@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

I have had similar issues with my iPhone 4 on my Verizon fios router,
though I'm not sure which brand it is or anything like that. It also
seems that iDevices have more issues with wifi connections than most
others. For example, I can run wifi on my laptop or macbook all day
and never have a connectivity issue. This is both at work and at home.
My iPhone, on the other hand, drops the connection regularly and is
annoying when I'm trying to do Facetime, for example. So the
frustrations you're experiencing are not happening to just you. I've
tried resetting the router, resetting my network settings on the
phone, all to no satisfactory solution. I've honestly given up.

Scott