How exactly do I secure the Wi-Fi connection I saw something about wireless
security and then the different choices and I read something about WPA2 but
then asked for some kind of security key?

I'm surprised to see how many people are having similar issues I thought I was
the only one I do appreciate everybody's help and I hope that things resolved
soon I may just think about replacing the router does that sound that something
that should be done? I will take the suggestion from somebody who replied and I
will stick with one of the many wireless channels for a few weeks and see if
that helps