From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2012 5:35 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: nls ap

There already is a lot of demand for an NLS app, and according to
statements made last summer, there is already work being done on one. I
don't think this means that the need for a stand alone player will go
away though. I think the NLS will always want to serve citizens who
don't have a smart phone, don't want one or don't want a particular
brand and model of smart phone.

You're also not tied into just using the stand alone player provided by
the NLS. They have arrangements made with several manufacturers of
different devices to support NLS books, such as the Booksense from HIMS.

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail