I am not quite sure where your problem lies either but am trying things out
here since I'm now puzzled about your settings also as I'm using a 6 s with the
Dird Party keyboard enabled and all options have "Yes"
I'm not giving up though and will remember to come back to you if I think I may
have found you a solution. I agree, it's the best way to braille, when things
are working properly, with the most options available.  I'm not giving up
though and will remember to come back to you if I think I may have found you a
solution! Carol P
Sent from my iPhone using MBraille