What kind of form factor does the Braille Edge feature? At 40 cells, I’m 
guessing it’s pretty long, but how thick is it? Are the keys comfortable to 
type on? As in, do they have decent travel? Is the layout more or less similar 
to their U2 notetakers? And, most relevant to this list, is the pairing and 
navigation experience with iOS fairly smooth?

 

Thanks,

 

Joe

 

 

--

Musings of a Work in Progress:

www.JoeOrozco.com/

 

Twitter: @ScribblingJoe

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Karl Smith
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2016 5:06 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Which Braille Display To Buy?

 

A good display for a good price is the Hims Braille Edge 40. It has 40 cells 
connects with PCs or iPhones and has basic note taking abilities. It sells for 
only $2,795.00. The only thing I would recommend other than this is to buy the 
Executive Products leather case which sells for $95.00. The case that comes 
with the Edge isn’t particularly good in my opinion.

 

Karl

 

 

__________

 

Karl Smith, Access Technology Consultant Axis

4304 South El Camino St.

Taylorsville, Utah 84129

 

Phone: 866-824-7885

Fax:     866-824-7885

E-mail: [email protected]

Alternate E-mail: [email protected]

 

Twitter http://twitter.com/axistech

 

My blog http://www.samobile.net/users/oksaxis/blog/

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Arnold Schmidt
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2016 2:23 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Which Braille Display To Buy?

 

I don't have the money in hand yet, but I might become able to buy a braille 
display.  I would want at least 32 cells, preferably 40, and would use it both 
with a pc running Windows 10, with either Jaws, or NVDA, and my iPhone, the 
iPhone being the more important.  I don't know much about braille displays, I 
admit that I have never actually used one. I never thought I would have the 
money I could use to buy one.  So, if it were your own money buying it, which 
one would those of you who use them recommend?  I know about the Braille Edge, 
the Brilliant, and the one from Freedom Scientific, there may be others.  I 
know the answer to this question depends upon who one asks, but I am seeking 
opinions, in case this actually happens. Thanks for any opinions.

 

Arnold Schmidt   

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you 
can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you 
can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you 
can reach Cara at [email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to