From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Daniel L. Gervais
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 10:29 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: What is with Audible?

Hi Rose,

I apologize if I am trying to figure out what is happening.  Are you
downloading the book from the Audible site from your computer?

I know that in the past, I used to download them using the Audible Download
Manager, which once I began the download on the site, the download manager
would download the files and import into iTunes, at which point I would connect
my iPhone and sync to the phone.

I have long stopped this procedure as it got too complicated.  So in an effort
to simplify things, I now just go to the site, whether on my iPhone, iPad or
even on my Windows machine, and buy them from there, but not download them.

I then launch my Audible app on either my iPhone or iPad and refresh my
library, at which point the new books appear and I can easily download them
onto my device.  I found this process much simpler and easier then having to
download to my computer and sync afterwards.

I am not sure if this is the same or if perhaps you have a Mac and Audible has
a Mac App, not sure as I don't have a Mac, yet!

I know that using the method I use to sync books to my Audible app, I've rarely
had an book not sync.  I think in the past three years, since I began doing all
through the iDevice, I've only had two books not appear in my list.  For those
two books, it was just that their system, although it had noticed that I
purchased those books, something went wrong when it tried to sync and behaved
as if I hadn't bought them.  At that time, I just called Audible themselves and
they corrected the issue, and I tried once more and the app was able to see the
books.

Besides that, each time I purchased books and returned to the app to refresh,
the books appear.