um. I beg to differ with that. there are times when the NFB (of which I am a
member) makes decisions not based on facts, but simply as a means of getting
attention. THis appears to be one of those times.

Also, apple is the only company that hasn't contributed to the fund that the
others have. THis is why they got a free pass when apple didn't .

btw, the software engineer is correct. adding a feature (or fixing a bug) takes
a lot of time, review of code, testing and more review. This is not a fast
process and can sometimes take a year or more. would you rather have a good
working device or go the "release early, release often" model that MS uses
(often with disastrous results)?

Now, mind you, I am not a coder. I am an IT person with a specialization in
security. I can tell you that planning proper security has many of the same
problems in networks that planning and implementing features has in the OS
world. Everything takes time and costs a hell of a lot of money.

My suggestion, especially for the higher ups at the NFB: quit whining and
actually start helping out. that's what the technology section is for, isn't it?

-eric