Hi,
My apologies if this strays from the strictest definitions of this list but
since it does directly relate to upgrading or preordering devices as well as
touching on the accessibility of an app perhaps it still fits.
I’m just curious if any other listers went through the process of upgrading a
device on their AT&T accounts either via their My AT&T app or via their site
with a screen reader?
My experience was that while most of the information both in the app and on the
web page could easily be read there were some standard type elements which for
some reason couldn’t be executed in the app or on the site using VoiceOver or a
screen reader.
Since I’m attempting to dialog with AT&T in an effort to hopefully improve
their accessibility specifically in this area I thought it might be helpful to
gage the experiences of others should there be any.
It was my experience for instance that in the iOS app the process of moving
through the steps went great until you reached the point at which you were to
select your color and storage capacity. Those elements appeared as a link for
instance for color but when one tried to double tap on it or any other gesture
you could imagine nothing happened.  At this juncture you were good and stuck
with no way forward.
On the website interestingly the elements for color selection and storage
capacity appeared as check boxes in Internet Explorer which worked fine but
list boxes in FireFox which couldn’t be executed with any of the 3 windows
screen readers I had at my disposal. And in Internet Explorer the continue
links that advanced you through each step and its accompanying page were quite
tricky to activate and only did so with one screen reader.
If anyone had experiences that were either similar or differed from that which
I had I’d love to hear about it so as to most affectively communicate with AT&T
in an effort to make this upgrade area better for us all going forward.  By and
large I feel AT&T has done a decent job concerning accessibility both in their
iOS app and on site.  Here’s hoping this glitchy area can be ironed out too.
Robin