Mary,

I would be careful with Outlook for a little bit longer (I'm sure they fix
these issues) but during the beta cycle and as far as I can tell even in the
last Outlook update which came out yesterday, it is not possible to set up an
Outlook.com account which has 2-step verification enabled. The way this works
is that you have to log into Outlook.com and if you turn on 2-step verification
you have to generate so-called "app specific passwords" for each instance of
Outlook you are running. In my case this means I have Outlook on at least 2 or
3 PC's and my iPhone so I need to generate 3 or 4 app specific passwords and
use a different one each time I set up my Outlook.com account on a PC using the
Outlook application or whatever other email client you may use as well as have
one for my iPhone.
In addition to that one cannot set up Office 365 accounts which mean I can't at
this point set up my business email account on my iPhone. I think it's
interesting that this hasn't been fixed yet since all of these are Microsoft
services and the Outlook mobile app is a Microsoft app yet you can't use their
own services with it if you have an Office 365 account or use 2-step
verification which is what they recommend.
Furthermore, if your Outlook.com web interface/experience has been upgraded to
the new one it is fantastically inaccessable. The old Outlook.com website had a
few quirks, but it was doiable just fine, the new one not so much. I have to
try it maybe on one of my work computers since I am using a pretty old PC at
home which is rather slow, but going onto Outlook.com just about makes it grind
to a halt. It is on my list of things to do to call Microsoft Accessibility and
do a bit of indignant yelling and complaining, I sure hope they are going to
improve the accessibility for this. Considering their overall committment to
accessibility which actually is pretty good when you look at Windows 10,
especially the anniversary upgrade and many of their iOS apps and so on I think
they'll hopefully do this soon.