What type of account are you using? I don't Think it would in this case, but
sometimes having certain types of accounts can be a hindrance. I have a Gmail
account, and this setting works there. The setting is sort of buried, which may
be why you haven't found it. You have to go to Mail, contacts, and calendars,
tap on your account, then tap on your account again on the screen that comes
up, then tap on advanced settings. In there, you'll find a heading called MOVE
DISCARDED MESSAGES INTO, which should be what you want.

Thanks,
Ari