Hi Jennifer,

I was in Vancouver for the last few days and had time yesterday so I went to
one of the Apple Stores there and tried the Airpods. Yes, they told me also
that they clean them each time, I doubt, however, they sent them away, they
probably just wipe them down with an alcohol cloth or something like that.
Anyhow, I do like them in many ways, just as the regular Earpods they fit my
ears extremely well and I can shake my head like a wet dog and they still don't
fall out. The sound is very nice and it's all good but I still won't buy them
because of the lack of a volume control on the Airpods. Yes, you can use SIRI
and I tried this, you can actually ask SIRI to set the volume to a particular
percentage so it's not necessarily like you have to say to turn down the volume
three times before you have it where you want it, but then of course there are
situations where SIRI won't work like during a flight etc. The second reason
why I won't buy them now is the switching issue, unfortunately I had forgotten
my Apple Watch at home so I couldn't try it myself, but I'm pretty sure the
issue exists if everybody has it. Lastly I won't buy them because of the $220
price tag (that's what they cost here in Canada). On top of that are 12% tax
here in British Columbia, so they would actually cost me $246.40 and right now
I have other priorities.
Having said all this I will probably buy them if they add volume controls to
the next generation Airpods and truly find a way to make them work seamlessly
with the iPhone and Apple watch similarly to how my Plantronics Voyager Edge
works.