Hi,

I am not sure why you don't see the option to have your medical Id information
displayed on the lock screen. Are you maybe running an older version of iOS?
Not sure when the Medical Id became available, but I think it was there in iOS
9 already, but I can't remember if the Health app was there in iOS 9 so maybe
it was there but in a different place. Anyways, here is what I do, this of
course assumes I have gone to the Health app, tapped on "Medical Id' at the
bottom right and set up my Medical Id with information including emergency
contacts:

I press the home button (I have Touch Id set up, so I use a finger I didn't
register because on the 6S/6S Plus or 7/7 Plus Touch Id is so fast that it
usually unlocks the phone even if you press the home button super fast with the
finger you registered)
You can of course also wake up the phone by pressing the power button.
Now I am on the lock screen where it shows the time and date and at the bottom
it says "Press Home to Unlock", I double tap on that and now the keypad comes
up asking me to enter my passcode.
At the bottom in the middle (just above the home key) is the 0, on the right in
the bottom corner is a "Cancel" button, on the left in the bottom corner is the
"Emergency" button.
Double tap on Emergency, you are now on the screen again with the keypad where
you can make an emergency call, e.g. you can call 9 1 1 from this screen.
If you put your finger on the home button as a reference the "Call" button is
straight up maybe an inch, if you slide your finger off the home button and
almost straight to the right and just a bit up (maybe 2 o'clock, you have
another "Cancel" button.
Do the same going to the left to about the 10 o'clock direction or even between
9 and 10 o'clock and you find the "Medical Id" button.
Of course you have to enable to show the Medical Id on the lock screen which
you do in the Health app under Medical Id.
If you now double tap on the Medical Id button all your information shows up,
here is what it looks like using ficticious information:

Top line: Medical Id from the left across and the middle, on the top right is a
"Done" button
Swipe right (next line) it says: John Smith, May 5, 1977 (40), Organ Donor
Next line (swipe right): Medical Conditions
Next line (swipe right): Blind, diabetic
Next line (swipe right), the first emergency contact is listed, swipe right
again the next one and so on as many as you select in your medical Id:
Spouse, Jane Smith, +1 (212) 555-1111
 Father, Tom Smith, +1 (212) 555-2222
Brother, Jim Smith, +1 (212) 555-3333
Doctor, Dr. Bill Walker, +1 (212) 555-4444
Underneath this, if you entered the information is listed your weight, height
and blood type and lastly at the bottom it says "Updated" followed by whichever
date you last updated your medical Id.
It is very quick to get to this although my explanation sounds slow, but once I
wake up the phone and I'm on the lock screen I just double tap on "Press Home
to unlock", then I touch at the bottom left and I can hit "Emergency" every
time, I double tap, touch again in the same spot where now is the Medical Id
button and I double tap and I'm there. Of course a sighted person can do it
even quicker because they don't even have to doubl tap, they tap once on
Emergency, the Medical Id button shows up they tap on that and have the
information.
I wouldn't be surprise if first responders like cops, firefighters and
daramedics know exactly where to look.