From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Michael Hingson
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:52 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Introducing Alexa calling and messaging

Has anyone tried this yet? I just received the following announcement.

AMAZON ECHO

"Alexa, call Mom."

We're excited to announce Alexa calling and messaging.

- "Alexa, call Grace."

- "Alexa, send a message to Chris."

See the feature in action, then check out the details below to try it for
yourself.

Getting started is easy

1) Download the updated app for iOS and Android

2) Complete set‑up including importing your contacts

3) Forward this email to your friends

iOS link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amazon-echo/id944011620?ref_=MP_AUCC_MX_HV_Sub_Wed_echo_comms_05_10_ios_txt

Android link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.dee.app
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.dee.app&ref_=MP_AUCC_MX_HV_Sub_Wed_echo_comms_05_10_android_txt>
 &ref_=MP_AUCC_MX_HV_Sub_Wed_echo_comms_05_10_android_txt

Calling

How do I make a call?

- "Alexa, call Mom."

How do I receive calls?

- "Alexa, answer the call."

Messaging

How do I send a voice message?

- "Alexa, send Jenny a message."

How do I retrieve messages?

Alexa will announce your messages, a chime will sound, and a green light ring
will appear.  To hear messages, just ask:

 - "Alexa, play my messages?"

A new way to be together

Who can I call and message?

You can call or message any contact who also has the free Alexa App on their
phone, an Echo, or an Echo Dot and has enabled Alexa calling and messaging.
Once you update the app, you can see which contacts have also enabled Alexa
calling and messaging. Don't see your friends or family in the app? Just
forward this email to help them get started.

What if I have an Echo and my dad has an Echo Dot—can we still call or message
each other?

Yes!

What if my friends don't have an Echo, can I still call or message them from
mine?

Yes! Those friends would simply need to download the free Alexa App on their
phone, available on iOS and Android, and enable Alexa calling and messaging.

How much does Alexa calling and messaging cost?

It's free.

to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com> .