Hello, folks.

As for your particular question, you would search in the app store for the app,
which is free.

Here are some other thoughts I have about all this, though.

I haven’t gotten any of the Amazon Echo products featureing Alexa as I have
thought it was mostly a toyand that I’m able to to get the things it would
offer in other ways.

I am further disappointed with my mother’s experience with it as a sighted
person.  She is not particularly a tech whiz but does pretty well considering.
Mom went to Best Buy and bought the Echo Dot and tried to get help setting it
up.  The first person whe was directed to in the store couldn’t help.  I tried
to cue her in on the fact she would need the app for best results in set up and
doing things like adding skills.  The whole business with the iCloud on her
phone became confusing for her.  I went back to the store with her after we
went out to lunch together, but she couldn’t get help from the Geek Squad folks
and was told she would have to call later since the set up would have to be
done within range of the unit at home where it would reside.

She made that call and could hardly understand the person speaking with her,
then found out they really didn’t know how to handle the set-up even though
Best Buy had sold it to her.

We then tried a computer store we’ve done business with before but that would
have required a housecall with a charge.  So she returned the unit, wondering
why people sell stuff like this that seems to be just a toy, really.

What really bothers me is the lack of service and being shuffled from person to
person like that.  Something has happened to customer service generally to
where it has eroded badly.  I can only imagine how it would be getting help as
a blind person, and if I had this device I probably could get considerable help
her.

Some of you may enjoy the Alexa devices, and I’m glad if you do, but it’s not
my cup of tea right now.

Sorry if this is a bit off track and too long winded.  Don’t want to get in
trouble with the moderators.

Bill Outman