From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
deidre muccio
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 5:57 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: setting up new phone from I Tunes backup, done

        One hitch I encountered with setting up the new phone is that my BARD
downloads did not transfer from an I Tunes backup or never got back upped. I
just downloaded the book I have been reading. I also don't remember what was
discussed concerning the locked screen with the newest update. I always
manually lock my screen and like it that way. I don't recognize anything in the
settings that pertains to that, at least not using the old language. I no
longer get any voice over telling me the screen is locked when I try to lock
the phone the old way. All I hear is hit the home button to open. I did not set
a new password and don't want to do the authentication thing. It took me
forever to close that out.
        The replacement phone came with a new sim card, but as soon as the old
one got popped into the new phone, it worked just fine, and I immediately
started to get notified of recent calls and voice messages. The process really
couldn't have been simpler though I was unfamiliar with it. A few things
alarmed me, like being told I could be charged up to $500 if "find my phone"
was not turned off breaking the link to I Cloud. They also wanted the phone
reset to factory defaults, and stripped of the sim card. I worried that if the
phone would not turn on which was the original problem, that if I had already
turned find my iphone off, then I would not be able to do anything more
remotely that would affect that phone. That juggled around in my head for
awhile while I tried to decide what to do first. Come morning, the phone better
turn on and once on, down it goes, and into the return envelope it will go.

Deidre