Just a point of clarification...You can turn volume up and down ..pause ...
skip ... etc.by tapping on the air pod and saying such .. ie...  voule up
...volume down ...pause...skiptback... next track.. etc.

I have the air pods and I think the sound is better than the wired ear pods,
although not 5X better ..  I didn't like the Beats X as I found the sound not
as good .. so I sent them back.. but give them a try .. you might like
them.Sound is such an objective thing ...

Sent from my iPhone