In my opinion nearby explorer is better, it provides the information much faster. For example, unless you disable it, when you change direction, the new direction is automatically spoken and the upcoming street is also spoken right away. This allows you to know right away if you are heading the right direction. With blindsquare, you may not get this information until you have walked for a while unless you shake the phone. I think nearby explorer is by far the best GPS app for blind users.