I definitely agree about not using ear buds while traveling. What works for me
is a very small speaker that clips to my collar. I have two, one is Bluetooth
the other is wired. Both bring the sound closer to my ear and make the
directions and prompts easier to hear without blocking traffic and other
environmental sounds. Unfortunately both were gifts and I don't know where
they were purchased.
As for which app is better, the advantage with Nearby Explorer is that you
get more information about intersections and cardinal directions than with
blind square. I have both apps and will keep them both, but probably use
Nearby Explorer more. Blind Square works just fine if you're traveling by bus
or paratransit and simply want to know where you are. I use Nearby if I'm
walking because it gives me more information. I don't see a big difference in
battery drain between the two. HTH.
God bless!
Paula and Garçon
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Kelby Carlson
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 12:24 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: BlindSquare vs. Nearby Explorer
All,
I'm finally getting the hang of BlindSquare and using it a lot more than I used
to. However, I've been hearing a lot about Nearby Explorer from APH and am
wondering whether it is superior and if so why. I can't cough up the $70+ it is
priced at now, but perhaps it will go on sale at some point.
The big problem with pretty much all of the GPS apps I've used has nothing to
do with the apps themselves. When I am in an outside environment, often the
voices are very difficult to hear if it gets loud. I don't have bone conduction
headphones, though, and definitely don't feel comfortable wearing earbuds
outside (unless I'm waiting for a bus or otherwise stationary.)
--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at:
[email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at
[email protected]
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at:
[email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at
[email protected]
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.