I am also trying this out in the UK. I completely agree that we should be able
to set current location as a user defined point of interest, so that a beacon
can be used later - for example finding one’s way home.  As for the overall
product I think it is imaginative and empathetic as a work in progress. I found
that if one overshoots the beacon one is heading for the sound does come from
behind me. I have not yet tested the accuracy, but hope to do so soon. It is,
of course an enormous battery hog; no surprise there.

I think as many people as possible should give it a good go and feed back to
Microsoft.It can only encourage further development by the big tech boys and
girls.

Ian