No, I don't think it slows down my phone and I believe the chiming stops if you
lock or unlock the phone - I don't mean stops permanently but stops if it is in
the process of going off. of course when I look at it in the iTunes store it
sayd "downloaded" instead of a price but I checked and there's only one app
just called "chime" and only one called just "Westminster Chimes" though there
is also a "lite" of that one. I also have one called "hourly chime" but the
other two chimes make it unnecessary for me as I recall.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart